Thursday, April 20, 2006

Worry Not!

It's been a little overwhelming these past two weeks. I've been down and up, down and up again. The reasons are many but the lessons many more.Thank God for His mercies and grace and for friends. Truly Prayer works and is power. I got to church about 3 sundays ago to find out about the approved program only to discover that the hall we had 'supposedly' booked since January had been given to another group. I grew frantic at first and finally talked to myself - the worst that could happen was getting another hall, which is what has eventually happened.I worried myself silly while the search was on but truly God is in control and its true like His word says, 'you cannot add an inch or change a thing (my paraphrase) by worrying'Its amazing that a verse Ibk and I decided to hold on to right at the beginning was Phil 4 v 6. which says Do not be anxious about anything but with everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving make your requests known unto God. I wish I had remembered this verse, sadly I worried first and prayed later........blabbing....lesson learnt from the change of reception venue apart from Do not worry is Follow up!!!! Be sure to see your contracts in black and white! especially because this is Nigeria.I will break this up into 2 , so this is Part One!

No comments: