Monday, April 10, 2006

...And the dam burst!!!

....I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. I wonder how many weepy brides to be per wedding exist. Well I think I'm one.
Got to the alaso-oke (the lady making the traditional cloth for our engagement ceremony) late on Saturday evening to ask her for a sample of the cloth to make my beads. As I went in and greeted her, she just turned on me and ordered me out of her compound for choosing to come late. She was quite rude and went on and on, saying she did not care why I came bla bla bla. Without a word, I turned round and left. Her girls quickly ran after me to call me back, by this time my eyes were brimming with tears threatening to spill.
They apologised quickly and tried to explain away the BAD behaviour of their madam. I had had a long , hot, tiring and unorganised day and I had had it up to my neck with details and stuff. So her outburst just made me 'crack'.
After trying to unsuccessfully wipe my tears, they told me I could pick up the cloth for the agbada, (which wasn't what I came for!) It was a nice surprise and it really came out very nice. That cheered me up a bit.....
Moral of the story: You'll meet cranky old women, rude sales people, unexpected delays, from a teary bride 2 be.....Cry if u need to , you'll feel better!
Also don't take it to heart... and laugh at yourself later............Have Fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaa
I just stumbled on ur blog now, I'm embarking on the journey now myself, to be honest, if the aso oke woman runs happens to me right now, I will do more than cry o! Infact, I will collect the pieces and wear it for the wedding like that lol!!! Anyways, I'll keep your advise in mind, in case I find myself in a similar situation. Thanks! Five years after and I'm finding it very helpful. Cheers!

lamikayty said...

@Loves Blogs...haha! amazing...! and thankful too that 5 year old words help...all the best!