Friday, March 24, 2006

It's not easy O!

I promised to keep this as upbeat as possible and I'm keeping to my promise so please do not be discouraged by the header.
Truly I had heard that wedding preps take up A LOT OF TIME, ENERGY, everything u have to give it. I didnt listen too closely cos I imagined mine would be a lot different, like paradise. Suffice to say I was wrong.
I've started a day of running around with a high energy level determined to have all the things on my list ticked off at the end of the day. However, I've returned home depleted accomplishing very little or nothing at all.
Have it at the back of your mind that it will not be easy but also equip yourself with tools to make the journey as smooth as it can get!
1. Pray before you leave the house - for God's help 'cos without Him you can achieve nada!
2. Delegate, get friends to do the running around with you! Friends with cars or someone to drive you around are a must-get!
3. Talk over your plans with people you trust. You'll get loads of advice and very useful tips too...
4. Get as much information as you can via email, websites, GSM before you go running around. A phonecall can help you get 'gold' from Ghana ;) saving you hours of stress!
4b. Also friends who have gone this way before will give u invaluable advice, where you can get things at lovely rates (without compromising on quality!)
5. Relax & take it easy, Have fun as you go along - I'll suggest spreading in between your days (i had only weekends) of running around days of JUST FUN with friends. You'll relax and be recharged to do the running around.
6. Get your hubby-to-be to run around with you. Yeah! you might think its the gals' territory only when you go to book/get some items. When I went to book for my gown he was around(I had gone before without him) and I had a nice time trying to hide the pix of the gown from him & to book our aso-oke too.
You'll have the advantage of seeing things from a different perspective and hey! it's his wedding too!

3 comments:

The Activist said...

Did you actually post this since March, 2006? If not, you have got to change your archive date.

lamikayty said...

@Standtall - Yes I did! thanks! got married June 2006. My active blog is lamikayty.blogspot.com

The Activist said...

Okay. I was taking to this blog when I clicked on your name. No P. So that is ur baby in the picture?