Monday, September 22, 2008

hmmm not counting again!

Just enjoying the days as they pass by....
Its amazing the number of things that have happened since I became Mrs or Missees as my mums people will say. Aaaah, would I have decided to tie the knots if I had foreknowlege of all the happenings that have happened to me ;) I really think that God does not show us the whole picture for reasons such as this, cos me thinks I would have run a bit or not been as eager ;)
Dont mind me o!
Truly I have not had a full nights sleep in more than a year. Me that loved sleeping. I now sleep like 2-1-3 (i.e. 2 hours of sleep, interval, 1 hour of sleep another interval and 3 final rounds of sleep) or 2-1-2 or very bad nights 1-1-1 and the intervals vary from 10mins to 3hours. Tonight I woke up at 2am and only slept on my way to work at 6am. Thats something I would have begged God to take away if I had seen it coming. But I didnt so...
What else? The fact that I have learnt to be UNselfish! No more 'me meals' or 'me days' or me-this or that. I'm now having to think about what the 2 important people in my life will eat or drink or wear or go or....marriage is truly work
Before it seems like i'm complaining, cos Im not just ruminating (;) ) there have been countless times when I look around and wonder at Gods love, Gods mercies, Gods grace, Gods blessings...
He's given me a very patient husband who even when i throw a tantrum calmly resumes the discussion once I calm down. I wish I could say I have obeyed him or submitted or loved him the way I planned to do when I got married but mmm mmm is my reply. Not at all.....
He's blessed us with a lovely daughter who is so many ways reminds me of her mummy ;) When she resists eating I persist until she's tasted a teaspoon and then wants more (reminds me of the gifts God has wrapped in a wrapper we do not recognise and until we unwrap it we have no idea that we like it), when she smiles ever so often I wonder why she does that, then I think, who says God doesnt want our adult-hardened faces to look less menacing as we open our lips and smile and ...for no reason!
When she poos at an 'inconvenient' time and I have to change her nappy, I'm reminded that bumps are placed in our paths to make us slow down and perhaps enjoy the 'smells' of life....
I have no regrets being Mrs, I just look back and remember the days when I had more time on my hands for me, more freedom, more.... and as i reminisce, I resolve to enjoy the things and time I have now and savour everything so that when I look back to this time, I'll be counting HIS BLESSINGS!!!!

5 comments:

NewLife said...

Congratulations Toyin, your writing is so real, I enjoyed reading

Favoured Girl said...

Congrats, I like how you described adjusting to married life and having a baby girl. Enjoy those blessings and all the best!

lamikayty said...

@newlife - thanks a bunch
@favoured girl - thanks too! i'm learning to enjoy them all FULLY. merci!

O.A.Eddy said...

Congratulations! Even though I'm late. I wanted to comment cause I thought your blog was cool.

O.A.Eddy said...

Congratulations! Even though I'm late. I wanted to comment cause I thought your blog was cool.